The past perfect and the past simple - Unit 4 THE MASS MEDIA

2024-09-15 16:25:12

The past perfect and the past simple

Phân biệt cách sử dụng của Thì Quá khứ hoàn thành (The past perfect) và Thì Quá khứ đơn (The past simple):

I. Giống nhau:

Cả thì quá khứ đơn (Past simple)quá khứ hoàn thành (Past perfect) đều diễn tả hành động đã xảy ra và hoàn thành trong quá khứ.

* Past simple:

- We went shopping yesterday.

- He didn’t come to school last week.

* Past perfect:

- They had finished their work right before the deadline last week.

- She had done her homework before her mother asked her to do so.

II. Khác nhau:

1. Thì quá khứ đơn được dùng để diễn tả hành động xảy ra ở một thời điểm trong quá khứ, thường theo trật tự thời gian.

- First she checked in, then she went to the gate. Finally the plane was ready for boarding and Monica got on the plane.

- She turned on her computer, read the message on Facebook and answered it.

* Thì quá khứ hoàn thành diễn tả hành động xảy ra và kết thúc trước khi hành động khác bắt đầu.

- After the flight attendants had completed the safety demonstration, the plane took off.

- When they arrived at the airport, their flight had taken off.

2. Thì quá khứ đơn được dùng với các từ first, then.

- Jane got up at seven. She opened her birthday presents and then the whole family went to the zoo.

- First, I get dressed. Then I eat breakfast. Next, I read the newspaper. After that, I make my lunch. Finally, I go to school.

* Thì quá khứ hoàn thành được dùng với các từ already, up to then, before (that day), after, once

- Before her sixth birthday, Jane had never been to the zoo.

- He went home after he had eaten a big roasted chicken.

Bạn muốn hỏi điều gì?
Đặt Câu Hỏi

Chúng tôi sử dụng AI và sức mạnh của cộng đồng để giải quyết câu hỏi của bạn

Mẹo tìm đáp án nhanh

Search Google: "từ khóa + hoctot.me" Ví dụ: "Bài 1 trang 15 SGK Vật lí 11 hoctot.me"